Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Words do have meanings, you know

I'm not entirely sure that the people at Blockbuster online speak English. I sent them an email about the fact that they sent me an extra movie. It came from the fact that they credited me with having returned a movie that is still sitting in my house. And I felt that I should be honest about the fact that I'm getting an extra movie. The automated response that I got back didn't quite respond to my missive, as I was just informing them of the situation. They commiserated with me about how frustrating this could be. Um, frustrating? Really? I would hardly say I'm frustrated about having an extra movie. Nor would I think that anyone else would be. I mean, it's not like they weren't sending me the movie that was #1 on my queue for 3 months or anything. If they're going to use automated responses, they should use ones that make sense.

No comments: