Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The most super-fantastically amazing thing EVER (at least for the next week and a half)

S and I just got back from seeing Harry Potter. It was so good. It was a little disconcerting that the scenes jumped from one to another really fast, but that work with the movie, since they were working off of the theme of things spiralling out of control. And I think the way they did the legilimency scenes worked well with using footage from the older movies.

But the best part - by far - was the battle at the ministry. Lots of tension. The effects all worked. And I chewed the crap out of my straw getting into the scene. (As did S, so good thing she got two straws). And I didn't start crying when Sirius died, which was when I thought I would. I got a little choked up then, but the tears didn't start until the part where Voldemort possessed Harry. All I can say is OMG. That's going to be awesome in 3-D. (Unfortunately the 3-D viewing will have to wait until after the bar exam, since the closest imaxes where it's playing are in Chantilly and Harrisburg and that would make for a mighty long trip when I'm supposed to be studying) If you haven't gone to see it yet, you so need to. It will just blow you away.

3 comments:

Scarlet Panda said...

Yeah, it was good. It wasn't my favorite of the books, but I think it might be the strongest of the movies.

The real test for you as a fan, Perma-Three Seat, is how you will be spending the weekend before the bar exam, aka the weekend Book 7 comes out. What will you be doing?

Amanda G. said...

I just saw it last night, and I thought it was one of the best movies. It's at the Imax in Spokane, and I wish I'd seen gone this weekend while I was there.

Perma will be reading the book. Mark my words!

Fishfrog said...

Best Potter movie yet. The fight scene in the ministry was fantastic. Also, the movie convinced me that Harry will not die at the end of the final book.