Monday, July 16, 2007

employment certification for the bar

The board of law examiners has decided to inform me that the certification that I had sent from Kaplan was insufficient. Even though it's all one company that I worked for from 2003 to 2007, it isn't good enough to just have one person say that. No, I need to have someone from each center where I worked say that I worked there (which includes more than one center in MD). Like the people in MD are even going to remember me 3 years later. And to make it even better, all the individual tutoring in the Baltimore-DC area is coordinated out of one office. When I worked there, it was actually in the District. But in the three years since, it has moved to VA. So now the bar people are going to have another thing to be upset about, because I'm going to say that I worked in DC, but the address is going to be in VA. Ironically, I never actually tutored any kids in DC, but did tutor at least one kid in VA.

2 comments:

Scarlet Panda said...

Ugh, what a pain. Seriously, why on earth would they possibly care? Unless maybe there's something else in your background that's giving them reason to suspect you...

Ann said...

I am quite a suspicious character, and am clearly not to be trusted.