Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Speed Voting

I voted in 15 minutes this morning. That included getting to and from my polling place. But since I do vote in a ward that is at capacity turn out in most elections anyway, we didn't have to worry about a machine shortage. And I got photographed walking in the door, so I'll have to see if I make it into the Sun. But not exit polled. I think pundits already know how my voting ward is going to go (though we do have a Republican family living across the street, so maybe that one family could sway the whole election), so they don't even bother asking.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Today was my first experience voting 1. for real, and 2. in a city. My polling place only had one working voting booth until 11 a.m. today, so morning voters had to go one at a time. Also, there were no exit pollsters or crazy sign people, because the minimum distance from the entrance would put you in the middle of a busy city street. It was still very exciting, though, and I am pretty sure that the people who left because they could not wait anymore will not affect the outcome in my inner-city Baltimore voting ward/In the state of Maryland in general

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.