Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It melts!

So let me start off by saying that I don't approve of vegans (vegetarians are fine, but there is no earthly reason to be a vegan). Partly it's that I think being a vegan is completely unhealthy, but mostly it's that part and parcel of being a vegan is that the person must apparently be a pretentious jerkface. Let me also say that I have no problem with soy milk in its liquid form, and I actually find it quite useful, since it is not an actual dairy product, and so can be used in the same meal as meat.

Anyway...I was at Whole Foods today and I noticed some soy cheese with the exciting news emblazoned on the label that "It melts!" Cheese is supposed to melt. If cheese, in it's natural form, did not melt, many dishes, including pizza and grilled cheese sandwiches, would never have been invented. Thus, it says something about a product and the fact that it should never exist that a selling point for this particular brand is that it does something that the real product they are attempting to imitate does already. Just eat cheese, or eat something else. Because soy cheese is disgusting.

I just wanted to put that out there.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I've often wanted to give vegans of my acquaintance a swift kick in the pants, and a sign that reads "I wouldn't survive in the wild."

But here's my real question - are the babies of vegans allowed to breastfeed? Because it seems that they ought to be able to, since it's natural and everything, but it's also too much like milking a cow . . .

Nell said...

ewwwwwww

Amanda G. said...

ewww, but also, good point.

Although I try to be tolerant. The vegan life style is just plain idiotic.