Thursday, September 20, 2007

Flying Spaghetti Monster

Yesterday was International Talk Like a Pirate Day, and I'm sure everyone celebrated. But just on the off chance that you missed it, I give you the only religion to celebrate the holiday - the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It was founded by Oregonians, so you present and past Oregonians can feel proud about that. Their eight not-quite-commandments are pretty good guidelines to live by. And if you scroll down to the bottom of the main page about the church, you can see a picture of the FSM billboard in Baltimore. I feel that the Baltimore Synod is composed entirely of Hopkins grad students.

2 comments:

Nell said...

Yay for Oregonians!!! I'm sold on the pirate causation for global warming. It makes perfect sense!

Squishy Burrito said...

Aargh....I can't believe I missed it.