Friday, September 28, 2007

Amusing Sukkot sightings

In honor of everyone's favorite Jewish holiday, I thought I would tell you about some sukkot around town. One of the kosher restaurants in town (that caters mostly to a lunch crowd) has a sukka on the sidewalk at their strip mall. I guess that way people can have their soup and salad outside in the sukka. There is also a sukka where the family, in attempt to make it just like their home, is flying an American flag from it, which isn't a combination one sees very often.

2 comments:

Squishy Burrito said...

We need pictures. But, most importantly, how do they compare to the Waterman Sukka?

Scarlet Panda said...

Pictures are a great idea!

I've been keeping an eye out, but I have yet to see a sukka around here--it seems, shockingly enough, that south Texas doesn't have a big Jewish population.