Monday, June 11, 2007

Funny crimes that one can commit in Maryland

We had our lecture today on the MD distinctions in crim law. Why that lecture came on a completely different day than multistate crime, when every other section managed to have multistate and local at the same time, no one really understands. But anyway...

In Maryland, one can commit fourth degree robbery of the "rogue and vagabond" variety (actually how it is classified). Adultery is a misdemeanor punishable by a $10 fine - which probably wouldn't even cover the administrative costs. And vehicular crimes include boats, so marine traffic violations also go to traffic court.

Also, not having anything to do with crim law, but just BarBri in general. Russel McGeorge is taking the MD bar, and I saw him in class the other day. I had what I would say was the longest conversation I've ever had with him then (I would clock it in at a generous minute and a half). Wierd.

3 comments:

Fishfrog said...

I hate that guy so much. And there's no real reason. I just hate him. I hope you were ice cold to him in the minute and a half you spoke.

Ann said...

It wasn't all that necessary to be cold. It was the weekend supplemental essay writing class, so there were maybe ten-fifteen people there. And after that original "funny seeing you here" he didn't speak to me again during any of the breaks, even though there wasn't really anyone else to talk to. I'm so just not cool enough.

Fishfrog said...

He's just that kind of guy. Too cool.