Wednesday, June 6, 2007

But wait!! There's more!!

We had our corporations lecture today in bar review class. And the guy giving the lecture was really upbeat. Selling steak knives on late night tv upbeat. He also could have been a motivational speaker or a televangelist. They're all in that same vein of peppy. He's definitely been the craziest we've had so far. Even outstripping the property/secured transactions lecturer (it was the same person for both) who made a certain Trusts and Estates professor look sane - at least Foster didn't sing to go along with her excessive number of pop culture references. We also had the crim law guy who referred to us collectively as "Now, Marylanders." It remains to be seen how the upcoming lecturers will fare.

3 comments:

arfanser said...

You would have loved our three day contracts class. At the end all I knew for sure was, 1- he was jewish, 2- jewish people wont go under their houses, 3- jewish people wont go on top of their houses (they hired a gentile to fiddle on the roof, and that is a direct quote), 4- jewish people dont hold ill feelings toward social clubs that wont allow jews as members, 5- jewish people do hold ill feelings toward social clubs that wont allow jews as members.

I learned more about jewish people in three days than I did in all of law school. Sadly I learned more about contracts in law school than I did in three days of Barbri so I think all in all I came out behind. And for the record, all of those things he said about jews were statements of universal jewish positions, not solely refering to himself.

Scarlet Panda said...

Wow.

My three-day contracts lecture was composed primarily of jokes about sadomasochism and oral sex. The very first thing he said to us was a joke about his genitals falling off.

We are paying how much for this?

Matt said...

I'm doing micromash, which is owned by the same people but is basically just books + computer tests with guidance, so I don't have the joy of classes.

This morning, though, I did have the distinct pleasure of opening up my professional responsibility outline to discover that it wasn't so much an outline as a complete text of the Pennsylvania rules of ethics. I was hoping for some pre-digested pabulum, myself. At least it's virtually identical to the Model Rules, which I vaguely recall from a class I took once.